Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What does bread have in common with feminine hygiene products?

The things you read on a bread bag. 'At Helga's we like to make our bread happy and carefree'. Really? So apart from anthropomorphising a flour and yeast food product and endowing it with human emotions, they are marketing this product with the same lines that promote tampons and associated 'feminine hygiene' products?

I can picture it now... a sunny day, a sandy beach, waves crashing, a loaf of bread and a slimline pack of tampons frolicking carefree ... or windsurfing perhaps?


Whatever next?

What other odd ads like this have you seen?

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh. Now I'll be checking every bread package I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an real estate ad in the local paper that described the house as 'eloquent'. Who'd want to live in a talkative house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eloquent - beautiful! But no, not keen for a talkative house.

    I hate the use of the word 'classy' to describe anything. Instantly denotes all things utterly devoid of class!

    ReplyDelete