In keeping with Maxabella Loves ‘this Saturday I am grateful for:
· Modern medicine – hello anti-depressants!
· For friends near and far, relatively new and those I’ve had for more or less half my life. For reading my posted-unposted-posted-unposted blog entry about the return of my little black cloud of depression. Who gave me ‘we’re thinking of you’, ‘we’ve been there’, ‘you’ll kick its butt’ words of encouragement and support. A kazillion thank yous
· For my husband. The eternal optimist, the conqueror of problems head on. For him coming to realise that listening is helping, and that giving me a hug is a powerful black cloud combatant
· For my boys for being joyful and silly and funny and loving. You’ll get me through.
· For the Beyond Blue website for all its information and assistance. And especially for this little reminder about why I am prone to depression
High-risk personality being:
· A lifelong worrier
· A perfectionist
· Sensitive to personal criticism
· Self-critical and negative
· Shy, socially anxious and having low self-esteem.
A good reminder so that I can keep those rampantly negative, nasty, pessimistic thoughts at bay
· For all the blogs whose owners admit their own depression. So comforting to know we are not alone. For blogging full stop for giving an outlet to creativity, self-expression, a safe place
Today I am especially grateful that my husband is doing the grocery shopping (he is much better at it) and who is braving the barbershop with Mr 3 who vocally and vociferously detests getting his hair cut. Thanks Hon! x
If you or anyone you know is showing signs of anxiety of depression. Beyond Blue is a great resource. http://www.beyondblue.org.au