Sunday, November 14, 2010

This Sunday I am looking forward to

I love Maxabella's 'This Saturday I am grateful for' and thought I would follow it up with my own 'This Sunday I am looking forward to'.

 
As a school kid and an employee, Sunday evenings were filled with a little bit of dread at the week ahead. Well, lets turn this around and decide on things that we will look forward to instead. (And now that I don't work outside of the home I don't have that 'job dread'  but do have 'job envy' instead!).


This week I am looking forward to:


  • being clearer headed, reducing distractions and getting down to the nitty gritty. Time to get my caca together!

  • getting more engaged with my boys. I am an 'observer' by nature but my boys will only be young and un-self-conscious for so long. Time to get involved IN the silliness. They especially love singing the Beach Boys' 'Don't worry Baby' (although for a while it was 'Don't worry Marvin'. I don't know who Marvin is?!), so we'll play and sing and dance along to that I think.

  • Hubby came home saying he had a 'surprise' on Friday night for this coming Friday. He has organised a babysitter so we can go out for a wedding anniversary dinner. I'm looking forward to this of course. Also have to admire hubby's smarts for telling me a week in advance so that a) I can prepare but B) so that he can dine out on the brownie points he's earned for the week in advance AND the week after!

  • I am looking forward to the sunshine that I am hoping will come after a week plus of overcastness and rain and drizzle, which I'm sure the whole east coast is experiencing. I'll try to enjoy it for more than just its practical ability to dry my washing!


  • And if this fine weather keeps up I'll take the boys to the Harbour to the playgrounds (old and new) where I can take in views like this of the Whitsunday Islands (and dream...).


What are you looking forward to this week?

Link up here and let us know what you're looking forward to.

3 comments:

  1. You are a genius!

    This is such a great idea and it fits in with one of the favourite sayings that I have "Anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it." ie; savour the nice things that are coming up, thereby making their pleasure last longer.

    This week I'm looking forward to:
    * Losing a kg
    * Catching up with a friend for a long overdue 'What's what.'
    * Meeting a new friend to become better acquainted
    * Learning some new music in my piano lesson
    * Perhaps getting paid for a recent piece of work
    * My twice daily walks
    * A kid-free weekend

    Felicity x

    I really like your list BTW.

    The place to go for the linky set up is:
    http://www.linkytools.com/Default.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicity! Genius? I wish!
    I like your list too but don't beat yourself up if you don't achieve the first one!
    I love meeting new friends too and would love to be able to catch up with old friends whenever I wanted - they're interstate (or more correctly, I'm interstate!) I hope you do get paid for that piece of work. Kid-free weekend - awesome!
    I should also incorporate walks in my day.

    And now, with Billy Idol blaring in one ear and my husband on his electric bass (through his amp) in the other, I look forward to getting my hearing back.
    Have a brilliant week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go the caca!!
    the skip is getting full slowly..
    will be more detailed next week!!
    what a great idea gorgeous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete